I'm a proven senior product manager who's always ready to take products to the next level. I strive to work on what's "next" and truly believe that great design, technology and actionable data drives useful, successful products. I care about the small things that make a difference without neglecting the overall product vision and goals. I have worked in companies of all sizes, but work best on a great team in a fast-moving environment. I am a fast learner, have adapted to many industries and love a great challenge.
TomTom Inc. - Boston, MA - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sr. Product Manager
2013 - Present
- Defined product roadmaps and prioritized features on global software releases.
- Chosen to lead and train Junior Product Managers and regional product test teams.
- Led cross functional teams to deliver digital products.
- Represented the voice of the US customer for feature development and strategic investments.
- Led user experience testing/UAT and product perception/usability studies.
- Conducted PR events, press interviews and in-depth product training.
- Launched mobile app (Android & iOS) to enable connectivity and purchasing of content and services.
- Launched connected navigation devices in North America resulting in 50% rise in product margin.
- Launched the 4th generation GPS sports and fitness watch platform in the US.
GSD Development - Chicago, IL
2012 - 2013
- Consulted marketing firm on using NFC technologies – Use cases and mobile web interaction.
- High-level feature mapping, wireframing, interface design, and UX layout for mobile apps.
Motorola Mobility - Libertyville, IL
Product Manager - Software
2011 - 2012
- Managed software & applications on Android performance smartphones and tablets.
- Authored new product features.
- Defined and drove product vision, key value propositions and software experiences.
- Built consensus between cross-functional development teams.
- Set software performance (quality metrics, KPI) & user experience benchmarks.
- Responsible for software product development, upgrade planning and post-launch support.
- Analyzed market for opportunities to differentiate or innovate against competitive devices.
- Launched Droid Xyboard Tablets - Replacement for XOOM - worldwide product release.
- Launched PHOTON™ Q - Motorola's first 4G LTE smartphone to include NFC, Google Chrome,
ULE Platinum Certification and world phone capabilities.
Westell Technologies - Aurora, IL
Product Line Manager
2007 - 2011
- Managed new product development and cradle-to-grave product life cycles.
- Analyzed new market opportunities and created business plans for presentation to C-Level.
- Created product requirement documents (PRD/MRD), led cross-functional design teams, core teams & responsible for BOM management and vendor selection.
- Drove offshore manufacturing partners (ODM/OEM) and software development offices.
- Defined platform-level SDK, APIs and Mobile Application functionality (iOS and Android).
- Developed social media marketing and product release plans.
- UX (User Experience) design lead for both consumer websites and management/back-end systems.
- Instituted an Agile/Scrum development process for software development.
- Awarded “Top Product Manager” by the Sales organization.
- Products accepted as winners for several high-profile RFPs from telecom providers.
- Oversaw successful product launch of several consumer devices (nearly 1 million units shipped).
- Launched new product line – Hybrid cloud service (SaaS) including billing and distribution.
- Delivered $24.6MM in incremental revenue from FTTH/FTTC product line.
Copia International - Wheaton, IL
Director of Marketing / Product Management
2001 - 2007
- Responsible for all product roadmap and long range development planning.
- Engaged developer community to highlight platform APIs and demonstrated capabilities.
- Managed sales team & participated in industry trade show events.
- Designed product packaging, trade show booth, website(s), sales material, & user manuals.
- Defined & managed inbound marketing campaigns (SEO/PPC) & Google Analytics; Resulting in over 75% increase in leads.
- Successfully re-branded/re-aligned and launched flagship software platform.
- Created a hosting environment for a high-volume cloud-based messaging platform.
Strategic Technology Management Certificate
University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign
BS, Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign
- Westell UltraLine Series3: Consumer Electronics Association CES Innovations Honoree
- Westell Homecloud: Consumer Electronics Association CES Innovations Honoree